Topics for consideration:
Topics — add, subtract, edit, arrange.
Topics from 6/14-17 sessions, organized in a draft outline:
Topics and notes from 6/16 & 6/17 sessions:
Topics and notes from 6/14 opening session:
Topics in general: How do we put a program together?
- the bomb
- the wars and the war system
- the hardest questions
- new paradigms
- the commons, commoning
- elections, inside/outside strategies
- community organization models
- sustainable economy
- non-violence, “diversity of tactics”
- class: working and ruling/ 99%-1%
- basic facts
- name the system
- the state of the empire
- a name for ourselves
- climate change/earth democracy
- what is practical work?
- what is a winning plan?
Other, more specific topics:
- palestine, prisons, fracking, nuclear power, drug wars, cannabis, fascism, 9-11, assassinations, health care, healing, trauma recovery, …
State of the movements big picture contexts :
- occupy, anti war, social form/people’s movement assemblies, labor, student, indigenous, immigrant, environmental, identity, bio-neers, spiritual/faith, global models, etc, etc..
How do these so far arrange in the spaces of time?
- how do we keep from losing the forest for the trees, the one struggle in the many fronts, the clear guiding lines in the multitude of particulars?
- how to integrate words , and other art, contributed on the “wiki,” and otherwise, with ideas and words brought to the meeting?
- how to have a “thinking together” “democratic consultation,” “crowd sourced” and “community curated,” drawing out the best of everyone who shows up, and producing something of use for follow up?